We've got some new stuff up on the Bella Knitting store site! One of our favorite new items has inspired us to create our own public service announcement: Friends don’t let friends put their purse on the restaurant floor!
Purse hooks are one of those ideas I immediately loved. It may be my New York City roots, or that Oprah show analyzing germs on the bottom of women’s purses but I just think they are the cleverest things. Here’s why –
The purse hook keeps your purse off the floor and, therefore,
• it keeps the purse clean (especially important when in a bar)
• it keeps it germ free (especially important in family restaurants with messy children)
• it protects you from theft (especially important if you also have a knitting project in your bag)
• purse is no longer on the back of a chair, just waiting for some oaf to knock it down
• purse is now conveniently close enough to pull out things like your wallet (or reading glasses, yarn, and needles)
• and -- last but not least -- it can hold your knitting bag while you're knitting at your LYS or knitting group!
They seemed the perfect item for a knitting store to carry since knitters love bags –- both those we make ourselves and those which carry our yarn (OK, and wallets and car keys too). When I got the chance, I immediately ordered them to carry in the Bella store and in our booth at Stitches, where they proved to be quite popular -- one customer purchased one, then came back and bought five more to give as birthday gifts to all her girlfriends this year.
Here we have the purse hook "hanging out" with our Magnolia bag (more on those tomorrow).
The friend I had lunch with went home with my purse hook! I guess that’s what friends are for.